The LB 6411 neutron probe is designed for measurement of the ambient dose equivalent for neutrons.
The LB 6411 probe consists of a polyethylene (PE) moderator sphere with a composite 3He recoil proton counter tube, LB 6410, at its center. The probe also includes a high voltage supply and preamplifier.
The neutron dose rate probe LB 6411 has an extremely high sensitivity of approx. 3 pulses per nSv and can be used both as a portable measuring device and as a stationary monitor. Major areas of application are reactors and the nuclear fuel cycle in the nuclear technical field, accelerators in research, and the use of neutron sources in the industrial field.
- Measurement of thermal neutrons up to 20 MeV Neutrons
- Energy dependence ± 30% between 50 keV and 10 MeV
- The measuring results are shown on the easy to operate Universal Monitor (UMo II) with display and data storage
- Can be used both as a portable measuring device and as a stationary monitor
- Calibrated to the ambient equivalent dose H*(10) for neutrons
- Extremely high sensitivity: approx. 3 pulses per nSv
- Short measurement times in weak neutron fields