Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-023 (with patented collision tolerant pivotal arm)
114 cm wide with a double friction joint, two piece collision resilient shield with a 57 cm lift-off top.
This lower body shield substantially reduces exposure to scatter radiation emanating from the table or patient’s body. The shield comprises a lightweight and durable structure, with enhanced friction maintaining middle link and pivotal arm supporting a flexible lead curtain. A unique patented mechanism enables the pivotal arm to move up when in collision with C-arm equipment. A 57 cm wide top shield can be quickly removed to ease patient transfer and access. Additional optional semi-flexible top shields can be added to provide greater protection to the upper body.
- The shield easily mounts to either side of the table allowing the pivotal arm to always face the head end.
- A 51 cm wide attachment bracket slides onto a 25 mm high tableside accessory rail (maximum 11 mm thick). The securing handle position allows the shield to overhang the rail end and be repositioned further along the table if required.
- The 57 cm wide top shield can be quickly removed to ease patient transfer and access.
- Equipment controls can be mounted on the large integrated rail and grouped with others close by on the adjacent tableside rail.
- The curtains flexible inner layer is bonded to its outer covering which results in an extremely strong, supple and easy to clean curtain. As the protective layer is not suspended separately in a cover (bag), it cannot tear or fall away inside unnoticed.