For use in and around nuclear reactors, hot cells, irradiators, and other facilities handling radioactive materials or x-ray equipment.
TA’s FM-9W Area Monitor Series are rugged and ideal for either laboratory or industrial application. AC Operation.
These versatile radiation control instruments fill a varied list of applications and placement needs.
The FM-9W Area Monitor Series utilize a variety of probes including Technical Associates P & S series, Geiger, and Scintillation. The many choices in probes provide instrumentation will fit your need. User settable to preferred engineering units: mR/h; Sv/h, cpm, etc.
- Single or multi-detector system
- Single read out serves multiple detectors
- Detects beta, gamma, X-Ray- Optional Neutrons
- Plug in modular system
- Built in data logger
- Wall mount case
- Highly sensitive
- Local or remote monitoring
- User settable A / V alarm
- USB & Ethernet ports
- Relay control can lock doors, trigger a siren or send alert
- Engineering Units: User can input correct conversion factor and change to any units.
- Controls: Front Panel: On-Off, Alarm-mute, Rate, Integrate, Reset.
- Recessed or Internal: Discriminator level, high voltage. Other adjustable settings: See calibration.
- Input Sensitivity: Adjustable from less than 1 millivolt to 100 millivolt
- Anti-saturation and Dead-time Corrections are available.
- Alarm: 2000 Hz audio tone with audio “mute” switch + RED LIGHT
- High current relay. 0-100% of full scale.
- Alarm Set Point: User settable to any point on detector range.
- Serial Output: Two way USB standard, Ethernet optional.
- Power: 105-125 volts, 50-60 Hz (220 V optional)
- Construction: Gasketed aluminum case.
- 13.5” W X 11” H X 3.6” D (25 cm x 18 cm x 10cm), excluding probe holder, feet, and knobs.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) including batteries and hardware, excluding probe.