For Evaluation of Treatment Accuracy
The CIRS Radiosurgery Head Phantom was designed to improve the accuracy of treatment plan verification in radiosurgery. It allows for 3D dose verification in a large cranial volume.
The Phantom is manufactured from proprietary epoxy materials and contains brain, bone spinal cord, vertebral disks and soft tissue. Linear attenuations of the tissues are within 1% of actual attenuations from 50 keV to 25 MeV.
The standard 6.4 x 6.4 x 6.4 cm film stack contains 13 levels of X-ray or Gafchromic® film to evaluate accuracy of 3D dose distribution. It can be interchanged with an equivalent gel dosimetry cassette or TLD holder. Two brain-equivalent spacers allow the user to locate the cassette in one of four different positions.
- Verification of intracranial dose distribution
- 3D isodose verification
- Commissioning and comparison of treatment planning systems
- Verification of individual patient treatment plan
- Teaching tool for Gamma Knife and Radiosurgery
- Custom configurations available by request.
Click Here for product brochure