For Comprehensive Testing of Stereotactic Radiosurgery SYSTEMS
SRS commissioning and treatment verification
Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) necessitates a high degree of accuracy in target localization and dose delivery. Small errors can result in significant under treatment of portions of the tumor volume and overdose of nearby normal tissues. The CIRS Stereotactic End-to- End Verification Phantom “Steev” provides a means to check every step the patient will undergo in the treatment process— from diagnostic imaging with CT, MR and PET, to treatment plan verification.
Accurate patient simulation
Steev’s anthropomorphic exterior allows for use of multiple positioning and fixation devises as used in clinical application. Internal details such as cortical and trabecular bone, brain, spinal cord, teeth, sinuses and For Comprehensive Testing of Stereotactic Radiosurgery SYS TEMS trachea provide the most realistic clinical simulation to evaluate the challenging effects of complex intra- and extra-cranial anatomies. Geometric and organic target inserts provide means for comprehensive image QA, geometric machine QA and TPS QA for increased confidence in system performance.
Dose measurements at isocenter and off isocenter positions
Steev accommodates a variety of interchangeable tissue-equivalent inserts suitable for small field dosimetry including: micro- and pin-point ion chambers, film, MOSFET, TLD, OSL (nanoDot TM*) and 3D gel. When used in concert with the various imaging inserts, Steev provides the most comprehensive end to end testing and QA solution for SRS systems.
- Perform End-to-End testing for commissioning as directed by AAPM TG-101
- Verify patient positioning using frame/frameless systems, head and shoulder masks or other positioning fixation devices
- Verify patient treatment plan in critical regions
- Perform geometric machine QA - Winston-Lutz isocenter verification tests and localization/repositioning with couch shift
- Perform IGRT QA procedure for X-ray and onboard kV and MV imagers including CBCT
- Assess image fusion, image transfer QA, accuracy verification and TPS testing with Multi-modality imaging capabilities (CT, MRI and PET)
- TPS Deformable Image registration algorithm accuracy QA
NOTE: This product or an optional accessory of this product requires a CIRS dosimetry cavity code before an order can be placed. Please refer to the Dosimetry Cavity Codes document to identify the CIRS code for the probe you intend to use with this product.
Please Download Brochure for additional information and specifications.