A complete, mobile, self-Contained Medical Spectrometer System
The Atomlab 960 Thyroid Uptake System is an advanced multi-purpose spectrum analysis instrument designed for diverse nuclear medicine applications. Uptake studies, wipe tests, and other user-defined tasks are accomplished with speed and precision using this fully integrated computer-controlled instrument and its comprehensive selection of application software.
The system’s multi-channel analyzer has 1024 channels, with separate input connections for the probe and optional well counter. Engineered for mobility, durability and operational efficiency, the Atomlab 960 handles clinical tests, safety compliance tasks, and system administration procedures quickly and accurately. Intuitive menus follow conventionally established nuclear medicine procedures, providing step-by-step guidance throughout all detailed procedures. The system automatically performs calculations, stores patient information and test results, and outputs clear, concise reports. User-defined uptake protocols can be initiated.
The self-contained Atomlab 960 system is configured on a compact mobile platform with locking casters and a base that measures only 26" w by 34" l (66 x 86.4 cm). An upper shelf supports the flat panel PC with touch-screen display and keyboard. The stand provides convenient storage positions for Neck Phantom, Calibration/Constancy Fixture, and optional well counter. A 2" x 2" NaI(Tl) detector with collimator shield articulates on a multi-axis and height adjustable counterbalanced arm. The 24.5" (62.2 cm) of vertical travel allows the probe to be positioned from 30.5 to 55" (77.5 to 139.7 cm) in the horizontal position from the floor to accommodate seated or supine patients. The probe swings more than 180° on the horizontal plane, and extends outward up to approximately 31" (78.7cm) horizontally from the support column. This design makes positioning for uptake studies simple and comfortable for both patient and technologist. The combination of positioning LED and distance measurement rod makes for easy reproducible patient positions.
- Unique Positioning LED for accurate thyroid entering – A First in Thyroid Uptake System Design
- All-in-one flat panel PC with high capacity hard drive, Windows® 7 embedded platform
- Count rate: 150,000 cps
- Color touch-screen adjustable height monitor - medical grade tactile touch
- Extremely intuitive menus follow conventionally established nuclear medicine procedures
- Compact mobile platform requires little floor space - easy to move
- Innovative multi-axis and height adjustable arm for easy patient positioning of seated or supine patients
- Calibration/Constancy fixture for simple and automated calibration
- Convenient storage positions for Neck Phantom and Calibration/Constancy Fixture
- 1024-channel multi-channel analyzer
- Software programs for Thyroid Uptake, Wipe Test, Quality Assurance, Manual MC
- 2" x 2" NaI(Tl) detector with collimated shield (meets IAEA specifications)
- Distance measurement rod with incremental markings (detector-to-patient)
- Heavy duty locking casters
- Smart cable management
- Industry exclusive two-year warranty
Comprehensive Testing and Utility Software:
Extremely intuitive menus follow conventionally established nuclear medicine procedures. All programs provide clear, concise reports for referring physicians, insurance providers, patient records and a database for physician and technologist identification. PDF reports allow for easy electronic distribution.
Thyroid Uptake Program
- Supports multiple time-stamped uptake measurements
- Auto decay correction
- User-defined uptake protocols
- On-screen spectrum acquisition and analysis
- Reports include normal ranges, notes/comments, facility/physician/technologist
The Atomlab 960 provides intuitive menus with provision to modify any procedure to suit specific requirements. Atomlab software guides the user through each step of any defined procedure. Automatic decay correction calculates elapsed time between dose count and actual patient thyroid count, and then automatically computes uptake percentage.
Wipe Test Program
- Meets NRC/State regulations
- Energy spectrums with individual ROIs
- Ability to identify isotopes causing contamination
- User-specific wipe locations and trigger levels
- Wipes that exceed trigger levels are immediately recognized
Designed for use with the optional well counter, the Wipe Test Program makes it easy to comply with regulations for counting and reporting results of wipes taken for contamination surveys.
The user may define an unlimited number of “Area” names and wipe “Locations” entered within these areas for testing and documentation. Each area may be designated as “restricted”, “unrestricted”, “package” or “sealed source”. The user may specify count times, activity units, wide window, and individual isotope and geometric efficiencies or simply utilize the wide range of factory default options.
The program displays and stores the full spectrum with each wipe, automatically calculates net contamination levels and reports results in dpm, uCi or kBq. Wipes above the user defined trigger levels are easily identified. A detailed spectrum analysis may also be performed for any wipe to help identify isotopes causing contamination. Customized reports can be printed or saved in PDF format.
The Administration / Quality Assurance Program
- Automatic daily calibration using Cs-137 source
- Automatic high voltage adjustment
- Automatic Chi-Square test, with report
- Automatic MDA calculation
- Administration summary QA report
- Isotope efficiency calculations
There are a multitude of administration functions, each designed to minimize the time normally spent maintaining accurate use of the system. There is an automated high voltage setting for each detector, and an automatic calibration program using a Cs-137 source. The system will advise the user when a daily calibration has not been performed. The Chi-Square test program automatically performs the Chi-Square calculations and generates a printed report. Site information is entered in the administration program containing the facility name, address, and a list of the technologists and physicians in the department. Customized administrative and clinical reports can be printed or saved in PDF format.
Manual MCA Program For performing sample counts and analysis beyond the scope of the standardized programs.
- Expandable library of 28 commonly used isotopes
- Unlimited user-defined isotopes
- Three counting methods: Preset Time, Preset ROI, and Continuous Counting
In addition to providing “standardized” programs for routine test and survey procedures, the 960 has a “manual” program to accommodate other counting and spectrum analysis tasks. The user can select from three counting methods: Preset Time, Preset ROI Counts, and Continuous Counting. After any count, the Spectral Analysis option can be used to produce a Spectrum Analysis Report. The monitor shows when a test is in progress, and graphically displays the spectrum, time, counts and cpm.